Monitoring Projects, Programs, Portfolios in Project Server 2016 / Project Online
About This Course
This 0.5-day course prepares executives and sponsors to monitor their project portfolios effectively with Project Web App (PWA) and Project Server or Project Online.
Each participant will receive a copy of the course manual and an electronic certificate with PDUs upon completion.
Course Learning Objectives
The following learning objectives are subject to customization in onsite courses:
- Understand how to most effectively utilize Project Server / Project Online for monitoring portfolios and resources.
- Be able to track project schedules during the project execution phase
- Be able to monitor and manage resource workloads in an enterprise environment
- Be able to monitor schedules, budgets, risks and issues
- Be able to work with the dashboards views: project center views and business intelligence views
- Be able to determine the right key performance indicators for portfolios, programs and projects
- Be aware of useful views and reports to monitor portfolios and resources
- Know how to interpret Earned Value reports
- Project management, PPM and business processes
- Business benefits of Project Server / Project Online
- The different users in Project Server and their stake
- Monitoring the project portfolios in PWA / Project Online
- Assessing the health of the portfolios
- Dashboards and different possibilities for customization
- The foundation for performance measurement: Ensuring the quality of project schedules
- Allowing project managers to own their time buffer and cost contingency: the mature thing to do
- Using traffic light views in the Project Center: what are solid health indicators?
- Assessing the health of projects in Tracking Gantt view in the Project Center
- Earned Value views: how to interpret them and what to look for?
- Viewing resource capacity versus demand
- Viewing resource utilization
- Finding the most critical resource role and maximizing its throughput
- Monitoring risks and issues across many projects: dashboard
- Finding and analyzing tendencies in risks and issues