Scheduling of Programs
What to do when you have hundreds of dependencies between tens of subprojects in your program schedule?
This is the type of situation, we specialize in. We help you schedule your program and ensure that each subproject schedule strengthens the program schedule. We help you identify the dependencies between the subprojects and bring our specialized tools to model and manage them. We put the integrated master schedule (IMS) together for you and show you the Program Critical Path leading into any major milestone of your choice within minutes. We then train your program support staff and hand the working system over them. After this, we support your program until it is completed.
A typical service engagement for supporting your program looks like this:
- Provide software licenses:
- ProjectPro Forecast Scheduling Application (PFSA)
- CrossLinksPro (formerly PPMS)
- PathsPro (formerly PCCP)
- Train subproject managers in best practices of scheduling using the 'Forecast Scheduling' textbook
- Improve the subproject schedules:
- Subproject managers use PFSA to check and improve their schedules
- We review subproject schedules to make sure must-have requirements are met.
- Identify the cross-project dependencies between subprojects:
- Workshops: each PM states what (s)he needs and from whom
- Identify handoffs and their names (cross-project dependencies)
- Create the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS):
- Run CrossLinksPro to create the links between the subprojects
- Identify and optimize Critical Path to next major milestones using PathsPro
- Repeat this for a number of weeks
- Transfer knowledge to your program support staff:
- Train Program Manager and Support Staff in CrossLinksPro and PathsPro
- Provide as-need support during the entire life of the program