Forecast Scheduling - Cost Model
- Charge Accounts: Account categories from the budget in a lookup table visible in a custom field in Microsoft Project to tag tasks, resources or assignments.
- Cost and Material Resources: Cost resources and Material resources to capture all other expenses needed for the project.
- Charge Rates: These are the Standard Rate, Overtime Rate and Cost per Use for each resource.
- Cost Accrual: Cost accrual is when the costs should be charged to the project.
- Changing Rates over Time: How rates change each calendar year.
All these terms start with a ‘C’, so we refer to ‘cost modeling’ also as ‘6C‑scheduling’.
A Cost Model is about twice as big as a 'Workload Model': It will allow you to forecast the total cost for a project, while it will still allow you to forecast the duration and workloads of the project as well. Please refer to our White Paper titled 'Proficiency Levels in Project Scheduling' for a detailed explanation of each certificate of competency.
You can earn 20 PDUs for PMP® re-certification by PMI® with this certificate.
This product consists of a detailed evaluation report of your Microsoft Project Schedule. Optionally, you can add a one-hour, online review of your schedule to this in which the detailed schedule evaluation report will be discussed. The high-level process is:
1) You buy this product that comes with a digital download in which we provide a list with all Must-Have checks required to pass for a Cost model.
2) You check and improve your schedule to meet the checks. We recommend you use our software Forecast Scheduling Application for this; there is a free download (that works for 30 days).
3) You submit your schedule to the email provided in the digital download.
4) You will receive the evaluation report within one week with a Pass or Fail score for your schedule. If your schedule passes, you will receive the certificate with it.
(PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.)